Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
Kung Pao Chicken is very popular stir fry Chinese dish. You must try this dish at home for some change.
- Boneless chicken 1/2 kg
- Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- Egg 1
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Corn flour 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for fry
- Whole red chilies 4-5
- Crushed red pepper 1 tbsp
- Chili garlic sauce 3 tbsp
- Soya sauce 3 tbsp
- Worcester sauce 2 tbsp
- Oyster sauce 2 tbsp
- Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Chicken stock 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar 1 tsp
- Ginger paste 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1/2 tbsp
- Onion cubes 1
- Capsicum cubes 1
- Carrot chopped 1
- Green onion chopped 1-2 sticks
- Peanuts 1/4 cup
- Cashew nut 1/4 cup
- Walnut 1/4 cup
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Chinese salt 1 tsp
- Corn flour 1 tbsp
- For chicken: Cut boneless chicken into cubes.
- Then mix garlic paste, ginger paste, egg, soya sauce, vinegar, corn flour and salt in bowl nicely.
- Then mix chicken cubes with this marination nicely.
- Then heat oil in wok, put marinated chicken cubes and deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Then remove from stove and keep it aside.
- For sauce: Then heat oil in other wok, put whole red chilies and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add ginger paste and garlic paste and stir more for 1-2 minutes.
- Then put carrot, onion, capsicum, green onion, walnuts, peanuts, cashew nuts and fried chicken and stir fry it for 2 minutes.
- Then add chicken stock and cook for few minutes.
- Then add soya sauce, chili garlic sauce, Worcester sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, crushed red pepper vinegar and Chinese salt and cook it more few minutes.
- Then dissolve corn flour in water, add it gradually in chicken and cook until sauce is thick.
- Then take out in dish and serve hot with rice.
Kung Pao Chicken is spicy and tasty Chinese dish. Chicken is marinated with ginger, garlic paste, egg, soya sauce & corn flour and deep fried. Then stir fried with vegetables & nuts and cooked with sauces, chicken stock & corn flour paste. Serve hot with rice.