Lasagna, Chicken Chilli And Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Zarnak Sidhwa
Ingredients For Lasagna:
- Lasagna Sheets 1 packet
- Parsley chopped 1 bunch
- Ketchup to decorate
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Mince 1/2 kg
- Flour 2 tbsp
- Water 1 cup
- Tomatoes 4
- Onions 2
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Red chilies 1 tsp
- Tomato puree 4 tbsp
- Capsicum 1
- Mushrooms 4-5
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter 2 oz
- Flour 2 oz
- Milk 2 cups
- Chicken cube 1
- Mustard paste 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Cheddar cheese 6 oz
- Mozzarella cheese 6 oz
- For the meat sauce, heat oil, add mince and cook till brown.
- Add flour and saute, add tomatoes, onions, garlic, tomato puree, crushed red chilies, sugar, salt, pepper and water and cook till mince is done.
- Five minutes before removing from fire, add mushrooms and capsicum.
- For the white sauce, melt butter, add in flour, chicken cube, mustard, pepper and remove from fire and add milk, let cook and whisk till smooth and thick.
- In a large deep greased dish, layer lasagna sheets, earlier boiled in salted water and drained.
- Pour half of the meat sauce and put lasagna sheets again, white sauce, sprinkle half of the cheese and keep layering till the top of the dish.
- Lastly add remaining cheese, sprinkle oregano.
- Bake at 180 degree for 30 -40 minutes or till the cheese is melted and golden.
- Decorate with ketchup and chopped parsley and serve.
Ingredients For Chicken Chili:
- Chicken (boneless) 1/2 kg
- Chicken stock 2 cup
- Oil to fry
- Onion 2
- Egg 1
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Green chilies 6
- Ginger garlic 1 tbsp
- White pepper 1 tsp
- Soya sauce 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Make a marinate by mixing ginger garlic paste 1tbsp soya sauce, egg, corn flour and salt in a bowl.
- Apply this marinate to chicken pieces and keep them aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil, fry chicken piece till they turn golden in color.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In a separate pan saute in oil ginger garlic paste, green chilies and onions.
- As onions turn little golden add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Then add white pepper, sugar, salt and remaining soya sauce.
- Stir for few minutes and then add chicken pieces to it.
- Cook for 5 minutes more and serve hot.
Ingredients For Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
- Milk 500 ml
- Cream 500 ml
- Caster sugar 7 oz
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Green food color few drops
- Milk chocolate 7 oz
- Mix milk, cream, sugar, few drops of green color, mint essence and vanilla essence.
- Churn ice cream in an ice cream maker till partially frozen.
- Or freeze for 2-3 hours in an air-tight box.
- When partially frozen, then stir it grated chocolate.
- Stir ice cream every hour to break up the ice crystals.
Recipe of Lasagna, Chicken Chilli And Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Zarnak Sidhwa in Food Diaries on Masala TV